Why Donâ€™t I Get My Revenue from an Amazon Affiliate Webstore Right Away?
Letâ€™s suppose you have a quality webstore with a great design, user-friendly interface and up-to-date catalogue. And letâ€™s not analyze other variants, since the reasons of not getting profit from poor sites with outdated catalogues are obvious.
So, your webstore is great, youâ€™ve made your affiliate settings and are waiting for the money. You are waiting for a week, then another one and further â€“ but nothing happens or there appear seldom twopenny-halfpenny sales. Letâ€™s try to understand whatâ€™s going on.
- There are some technical issues, Google ban or out-of-index pages. If you have problems with one of Xenia sites please look through these points to make sure everything is ok.
- Your domain is too young. Despite â€œGoogle honeymoonâ€ talks, most new webstores need 3 to 6 months to get visible for robots and humans. All sites gain weight slowly. Those that have experienced a â€œhoneymoonâ€ lose their SERP positions when love is over â€“ and go on gaining weight as slowly as others do. You can speed up the process by means of regular unique content adding, on-page SEO, thoughtful link building, etc. If you want maximum speed, order special SEO services to improve your ranking.
- Your market segment is too competitive. If youâ€™ve chosen an over-populated niche, it can take ages and sufficient efforts to get visible among countless competitors. You should invest much in SEO and other promotion variants. Or find another niche.
- Your products are out of season now. Analyze the market and learn about your itemsâ€™ seasonal ups and downs.
- You donâ€™t update your blog. Regular unique posts are vital for high search engine ranking. Write your own posts (or rewrite somebody elseâ€™s) with your chosen keywords at least once a week.
- You donâ€™t advertise. Donâ€™t create AdWords campaigns, donâ€™t run social accounts, donâ€™t give links here and there, etc. Dr. Stewart Henderson Britt used to say, â€œTrying to do business without advertising is like winking in the dark; you know that you are keeping up a powerful winking, but nobody else has any idea of it.â€
Whatever affiliate store you own, your income depends on your personal promotional efforts. You can get an occasional dollar or two being absolutely passive. But if you really want to earn your bread and butter via your webstore, join our club to learn how to do it. A rolling stone gathers no moss!