Why Amazon for Affiliates?
In the previous blog post we talked about the advantages of affiliate business on the whole, and today letâ€™s speak why we choose Amazon as our main business partner. There are plenty of affiliate programs offered by major ecommerce companies such as Ebay, and we could make websites for any of those. But we do not. Why? Because we decided after weighing up all the facts to select the most promising partner, and an Amazon store is beyond comparison.
The Amazon.com affiliate program came soon after they first opened in 1996, and the system that rewards people who send buyers to Amazon was born. The Amazon affiliate program works by placing a cookie on any potential customers computer, when they complete a sale, you make money. Amazon currently have websites dedicated to many Countries including the United States, Canada, Mexico, the UK & Ireland, Australia, India, France,Â Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Brazil, Japan, and China.
As well as being well established and having a worldwide reach, here are some more reasons why you should become an Amazon affiliate:-
- Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world. Its annual turnover exceeds $48 billion, and its 900,000 affiliate associates made $1,5 billion during the last year only. Amazon is also the fourth most successful startup of all times by growth, revenue and market capitalization. It was founded in 1994 as a bookstore, went online in 1995 and began its diversification, including one new branch after another: DVD, CD, video and MP3 downloads, electronics, software, videogames, etc. Then the company grabbed pretty much every non-digital products â€“ from food and furniture to diapers and jewelry. Nowadays there hardly exists an item which one cannot buy from Amazon.
- Amazon is a trusted and reliable brand â€“ millions of people all over the world are used to buy goods from Amazon on regular basis spending significant money there. Most of these buyers are both long-term and loyal customers. They know that thereâ€™ll be no problems with delivery and quality of products, and if by chance there is, that Amazon will rectify the problem quickly and effortlessly â€“ so they keep coming back and making more orders with no fear that other online platforms may bring. In every customer survey Amazon comes up in the number one position as the most popular and respected shopping destination.
- Amazon gives its affiliates good commissions: 4-10% depending on type of a product and your activity. Itâ€™s not that much if you sell a $12 book a month. But if you sell, for example, 5 expensive cameras â€“ youâ€™ll definitely feel the difference. In other words, your income depends on marketing efforts you apply to your Amazon affiliate website.
- People usually buy several products on Amazon even if they hit only one link on your affiliate webstore. After visitor’s transfer from your site to Amazon every product he buys there within 24 hours is considered â€œyoursâ€ and you get commission for each item.
- Amazon has a convenient payment system: you may cash your commission or use your account for money savings or even be paid in Amazon products instead of cash.
- If you have a niche blog to integrate relevant affiliate links in your posts, you will surely find a corresponding section in Amazonâ€™s enormous catalogue, which is not the case with smaller suppliers. And if you prepare beforehand for holiday peaks you can acquire really great profits â€“ up to 100% higher than usual.
We hope that you can see and understand why weâ€™ve chosen Amazon for ourselves and we strongly advise you to do the same.